A laboratory can be a dangerous place, but with the daily pressures to get things done, employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. At the same time, with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices than they may have had in the past.
The Laboratory Safety Series shows both new employees and “seasoned veterans” the importance of safety in the laboratory. The programs review OSHA regulations, cover the use of specific equipment, and stress the importance of using good safety practices. The 13 programs in the series are:
- Compressed Gas Cylinders in the Laboratory
- Electrical Safety in the Laboratory
- Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory
- GHS Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory
- Laboratory Ergonomics
- Laboratory Hoods
- Material Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory
- Orientation to Laboratory Safety
- OSHA Formaldehyde Standard
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies
- Preventing Contamination in the Laboratory
- Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware
- Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Laboratory
Each program comes with a comprehensive leader’s guide, reproducible scheduling/attendance form, employee quiz, and training certificate/log. DVDs are indexed for easy navigation and include subtitling for the hearing impaired.